People’s Resource Center
JOB POSTING – DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
PRC is hiring a Director of Development to work directly with the Executive Director, Fund Development Committee and Board of Directors and other PRC leaders to plan and implement successful fund development strategies focused on sustaining and growing the financial and in-kind support of PRC and to increase its visibility in the community.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle since significant local travel is required, be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs. and be able to work evening and weekends as needed.
PRC offers a generous compensation and benefits package to our full time employees, including:
- Medical insurance – HMO, PPO
- Dental insurance – PPO
- Flexible Spending Account participation
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 12 paid holidays
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IS FRIDAY, JULY 31, 2017
No phone calls, no faxes please. People’s Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job posting can also be found on our website www.peoplesrc.org - About PRC - Employment Opportunities
Position Essential Functions
Fund Development (estimated 40% of time)
- Work with the Executive Director and Fund Development Committee to plan and implement a comprehensive annual development plan focusing on the specific identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects and the further cultivation of new and existing donors.
- Identify, plan, organize and implement initiatives to cultivate relationships and solicit gifts from individual, corporate, foundation, service/civic and religious donors that meet PRC’s financial goals.
- Manage and provide support for all prospect identification, research, cultivation, and solicitation efforts.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance the planned giving solicitation process.
- Oversee the research of funding opportunities and prepare/oversee proposals to individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Oversee the maintenance and enhancement of Raiser’s Edge, and other related records, to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation and donor recognition.
- Extract, analyze, and formulate a plan for the appropriate use of Raiser’s Edge information for solicitation efforts.
- Prepare summaries and key metrics reports regarding development activities for Board and Fund Development Committee meetings.
- Attend Board meetings as requested and coordinate/attend Fund Development Committee meetings.
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations (estimated 25% of time)
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan to meet PRC’s strategic objectives, increase PRC visibility throughout the community and to improve awareness of its mission and services.
- Oversee the design, development and distribution of all marketing and informational materials (i.e. newsletters, e-blasts, annual report, fact sheets, brochures).
- Build and maintain relationships with the media to ensure optimal coverage.
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of all media releases.
- Oversee the maintenance of PRC’s website and ensure maximum use aligned with PRC’s Development goals.
- Attend community events on behalf of PRC and participate in meetings of appropriate civic, professional, business and community organizations
- Assess effectiveness of marketing and public relations strategies, and recommend refinements as appropriate.
Donor Relations (estimated 20% of time)
- Work with PRC leadership to educate donors about potential funding opportunities.
- Develop and implement a donor appreciation process, stratified by donor segment and including all donors.
- Develop and manage a thank you letter process for all donations.
Special Events (estimated 15% of time)
- Plan, organize, manage and implement special events (including fundraisers) that meet PRC’s development goals and goals to increase visibility.
- Oversee volunteers and planning committees assisting with planning/implementing special events to ensure success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required; Master’s preferred
- Certified Fundraising Executive Certification (CFRE) a plus
Minimum 5 years successful fundraising experience required
- Minimum 5 years experience supervising employees required
- Minimum 3 years experience managing a CRM database required (Raisers Edge preferred) including using data for analytics
- Experience developing and managing a budget required
- Experience supervising volunteers a plus
- Minimum 5 years experience in marketing or communications preferred
- Commitment to PRC’s mission, values, community focus
- Enjoys working in a social service non-for-profit organization
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative teamwork
- Able to effectively promote and represent PRC to other organizations
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills among diverse constituent groups
- Highly organized, high attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and a CRM database (preferably Raisers Edge)
Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral communication and interpersonal relations
- Able to work independently, with a team, and with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, with people from other countries & with people speaking other languages
- Able to compile, analyze and evaluate data
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Existing knowledge of the DuPage County community and philanthropic landscape a plus